Cauliflower is an important ingredient in the diet of health conscious people and the easiest way of consuming it is by making cauliflower salad. You must be aware of the nutritional value of cauliflower; it is high in fiber content and water, both of which are very important for maintaining the digestive tract healthy. Plus it is low in carbs which makes it ideal for people who are weight conscious. Due to these amazing health benefits of cauliflowers we suggest you to make it a part of your everyday cuisine. Here are some amazing Cauliflower salad recipes that are a must for this summer season;
This cauliflower salad is an excellent choice if you’re on a low carb diet.
Total cooking time:
Prep time: 25 minutes, cook time: 10 minutes, ready in: 2hr 35 minutes.
Per serving of cauliflower salad contains;
306 calories; 25.9g fat, 12.8g carbohydrates, 8g of protein, 107mg cholesterol and 812 mg sodium.
- 1 cauliflower head, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- ¾ cup of green peas
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles
- 3-4 slices of crispy cooked bacon (crumble it prior to adding)
- Place the cauliflower in a large pot and fill it with water. Bring it to a boil and cook the cauliflower till they’re fork tender i.e. about 10 minutes. Drain water and cool it.
- In a large mixing bowl add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk them together to make a dressing.
- Now add the cauliflower, hard boiled eggs, peas, onion, dill pickles and crumbled bacon. Stir and mix until all ingredients are well coated with the dressing.
- Cover your cauliflower salad and refrigerate it for a minimum of 2 hours. Because the longer the cauliflower salad is chilled the better will be the taste.
Spring Detox Cauliflower Salad
This cauliflower salad recipe is a perfect meal for hot and humid summers when you don’t want to eat anything.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Calories per serving 463
- 114 ounce can of chickpeas, drain and rinse them
- Chili powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cauliflower head cut into florets
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- A handful of chopped parsley and mint.
- 2 avocadoes cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup of water
- Juice including zest of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chickpeas on an oven tray which is lined with parchment. Drizzle it olive oil and sprinkle chili powder, salt and pepper on it. Roast it for 20-30 minutes until the chickpeas are crispy and golden-browned.
- For making this cauliflower salad, we need cauliflower rice. Place the chopped florets of cauliflower in a food processor and run it a pulse speed of 20-30. Within 4-5 minutes you will get cauliflower rice.
- In order to prepare the dressing. Shake or whisk together all ingredients; mustard, honey, olive oil, water, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper in a jar or mixing bowl.
- Add the cauliflower rice and chickpeas to the dressing and toss well.
- Voila! Your summer detox cauliflower salad is ready to eat.
Bacon Cauliflower salad
This cauliflower salad is a nice and good alternate to pasta salads.
Cooking time: 20 minutes of preparation time + chilling.
- 1 medium cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 chopped medium sized green pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- 1 chopped medium sized onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 teaspoons of sugar
- In a large salad bowl thoroughly mix together mayonnaise and sugar.
- Now add cauliflower, bacon, cheese, green pepper and onion.
- Mix properly so that all of the ingredients are well coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours before serving your tasty bacon and cauliflower salad.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Dressing
This is the recipe of the most famous cauliflower salad which you have most likely eaten at a fancy restaurant.
Cooking time: 10 minutes preparation time 45 minutes cooking time totally 55 minutes.
Calories 280, fat 21g, cholesterol 5mg, carbohydrates 20g, protein 7g, sodium 240mg.
- 1 large cauliflower head chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted and sliced almonds
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons of minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a preheated oven at 400 degrees. Place the florets of cauliflower in a baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil. Now season the cauliflower florets with salt and pepper. Roast them for 45 mins until golden brown
- Prepare the dressing as long as the cauliflower is roasting. In order to prepare the dressing; whisk together shallots, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest and honey. While you’re whisking the ingredients pour in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Now, remove the cauliflower from the oven and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add cranberries, toasted almonds and parmesan cheese.
- Pour over the dressing and toss it well making all ingredients covered evenly.
- Serve your tasty roasted cauliflower recipe which tastes same like the restaurant one.
Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad
- 1 small cauliflower cut off the florets
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup black olives
- 1/ cup fresh parsley
- 2 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt and black pepper
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor to make cauliflower rice.
- After making cauliflower rice. Microwave it for 3-4 mins.
- After cooling transfer the cauliflower to a salad bowl.
- Now add rest of the veggies and mix them together.
- In a separate jar, pour olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Whisk everything together and add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it will. Top it with parsley and serve.
Featured Image Source: Flickr