You know most kids will probably pick junk food over healthy food and that’s true for many grown-ups too. Today I have some recipes and strategies from keeping your family from loading up from empty calories from breakfast to dinner party time.
In retrospect, our entire day and lives revolve on food; from breakfast in the morning to lunch in the middle of the day to supper in the evening, we do not go a single day without eating. To make the next few days even better, I’ve compiled a list of three of my favourite culinary dishes; they’re scrumptious, delightful, and tantalising!
The best way to start off your morning is with Croffles. What on earth is that you might say? It is a croissant, cooked like waffles, a match made in heaven! The crispiness and the doughiness is a perfect combination for bread lovers. One of my most favorite food, as it is so quick and easy to make, a most delicious breakfast and dessert if you so desire.
Method To Prepare
- 2 premade croissant doughs
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mixed berries
- Caramel syrup
- Take the premade croissant dough and roll it into the croissant shape.
- Once rolled, press between the waffle machines. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Plate the croffles and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you are feeling a little fancier, drizzle on top some caramel syrup and sprinkle over some cut-up mixed berries.
Drinks To Enjoy With
- Iced Americano
- Glass of milk
Another one of my most favorite food, pancakes are a quick and easy breakfast item to whip up in no time. They are light, fluffy, and delicious. Once you make home-made pancakes you will never use the boxed one’s ever again! The sprinkling of blueberries adds to the delicious flavor, giving the recipe a touch of healthiness.
Methods To Prepare
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 room temperature egg
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Add in the milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Now add in the dry ingredients, the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Once combined well, add in the blueberries.
- Now put a large pan on medium heat and melt some butter in it.
- Once the pan is hot enough, measure about ¼ cup size of the batter and pour into pan. When the top side starts to get little bubbles, it is time to flip the pancake. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
Healthier Alternative Of Breakfast To Dinner Party Ideas
- Instead of all-purpose flour, use gluten free flour
- For sugar, you can opt for coconut sugar or brown sugar
- For milk, you can substitute skim or almond milk
- For butter or oil, you can opt for coconut oil
Mac And Cheese
Coming up at lunch is the ultimate comfort food, mac and cheese. Cheesy, creamy, and mouthwatering, you can never go wrong with this dish.
Methods To Prepare
- 1 packet elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle of paprika
- In a pot of boiling water, boil the macaroni as per packet instructions.
- Once boiled, run under cold water, add little bit of oil so they do not get stuck together, and set aside.
- In a separate pot on medium heat, add in the butter. Once it melts, add the flour, and mix well. As the roux sauce thickens, drop in the milk, and the seasonings.
- Slowly add in both the cheese, making sure to mix well.
- Now comes the fun part, mixing in the macaroni to the cheesy sauce. Once combined well, serve hot!
The most common and favorite food of every person, from kids to adults, this meal is a go-to for everyone. Enjoy with roasted asparagus, steamed broccoli, hot dogs or corn on the cob.
Butter Garlic Steak
One of my most favorite food, and also around the world; you can never go wrong with any type of steak. Juicy meat basted in buttery garlic sauce, cooked until a delicious golden color, this recipe is the holy grail of lovely dinners.
Method To Prepare
- 1 Steak piece
- Salt to taste
- ¼ black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
Preheat the oven to 95 degrees Celsius.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and bake for about half an hour. This ensures that the meat is cooked well before giving it a good sear.
- Take a large sized pan and on medium heat add in the oil. Cook the steak on both sides for a minute or two.
- Once seared, add butter, garlic, and the herbs like rosemary and thyme.
- Baste the meat in the buttery garlic mixture for 3-4 minutes until fragrant.
- Once slightly cooled, cut up the steak into desired pieces, garnish with some cilantro and serve!
- Mashed potatoes
- Curly fries
- Baked veggies
- Leafy greens
Other Steak Recipes To Try
Tired of eating steak the plain old way? Change up the traditional steak recipe and make it into a sandwich!
Another fabulous breakfast to dinner party recipe; philly cheesesteak consists of thinly sliced steak pieces, flavored well, along with melted provolone cheese and onions that have been caramelized. Add it to buttery garlic bread and you have yet another favorite food recipe worth trying!