Have you ever cooked something without knowing its recipe first? Has any food of yours turned out delicious when you didn’t use proper recipes for it? No Right? Recipes plays a very vital role in the making of any dish. Without a recipe, no dish would turn out to be good. For the making of a delicious dish, a proper recipe is necessary.
Food without proper recipes is just like ice cream without sweetness. A standard recipe produces a standard quantity and quality of food. For instance, what’s the point of making pasta when the sauce is less than the boiled pasta? So keep on reading and find out more about some delicious common recipes and why it is important to follow them.
Why Is It Important To Follow A Recipe?
For the perfection of a dish, it is very important to follow its respective recipe. When it comes to cooking food recipes is the key feature. Recipes are just like a formula, and it’s a principle to follow them in order to get a consistent result. An experienced person may experiment in the kitchen to create a new dish, but for a beginner, it is important to know how much amount of what is to be added to create a mouth-watering meal. Obviously, everyone makes mistakes but what’s important is to overcome them.
What Are The Recipes Of The Main Dishes Eaten Around The World?
Fish and Chips
The most common and loved dish in the UK. It is eaten by almost everyone.
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- ⅓ cup dark beer cold
- ⅓ sparkling water cold
- 2-pound potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying chips
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of flour while adding the remaining to a bowl. Now add baking powder, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Mix them all together and add the beer and sparkling water such that it forms a nice thick consistency.
- Now take the potatoes, peel their skin, cut them into ½ thick slices, and rinse them with cold water.
- Then in a pan, boil them for about 4 minutes. After they’re done, dry them out using tissues and let them sit in the fridge for an hour.
- Take the chicken fillets and coat them with the flour that you set aside. Then coat them with the prepared batter and fry them until they brown. Repeat this for every fillet.
- Take out the raw chips from the refrigerator. Heat the oil at 350 F and fry the chips. Don’t brown them. Once they are slightly cooked, take them out and set them side.
- After some time, heat the oil at 400 F and again fry your chips till they become brown and crispy.
You have your fish and chips ready. Serve hot, and enjoy.
The USA is known throughout the world because of its traditional dish, which is hamburger. The recipe for this mouth-watering dish.
- Ground chunk
- Crushed crackers
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Add the ground meat, crushed crackers, Worcestershire sauce, egg, milk and all the other spices in a bowl. Using your hand, mix all of these together.
- Now take the meat out on the counter and divide it into 6 -⅓ patties.
- Let these set in the fridge for a while before frying them.
Once they are settled, take a pan, add a lit bit of oil, and fry them on low heat. Once they turn crispy from the outside, turn off the stove.
- Now take some burger buns. Cut them into halves, and layer one side with mayonnaise and the other with ketchup. Add in some lettuce, then the Pattie, a slice of cheese, and again Pattie and a slice of cheese.
- Top these off with some vegetables of your choice. Add some mustard and close it using the other half of the bun. Voila, your hamburger is ready.
The most delicious sweet dish ever. This dish originates from Canada, and Canadians love it.
- Store-bought pastry
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except for the raisins and puff pastry.
- Line a cupcake tray with the puff pastry and layer it with resins. Add in the filing.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven at 420F from 12 to 15 minutes.
- After they are done, let them cool completely and remove the tarts from the pan.
Pizza lies among one of the most loved dishes in Europe. It’s loved and eaten by people all around the world. The recipe is quite simple.
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Bell pepper
- Cheddar and mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Take the pizza dough and flatten it out in the form of a circle. Now add some olive oil to it and spread the pizza sauce.
- Add cheese and all the toppings according to your liking. Again top of everything, using cheese.
Place it in the oven for 8 to 10 mins at 380 F, and you’ll have your delicious pizza ready to be served.
When it comes to California, chicken wrap is the most popular dish. It’s delicious and doesn’t require much effort.
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Garlic cloves
- Chicken thighs or breasts
- Cumin powder
- Black pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Bell pepper
- First, marinate the chicken using all the spices that are mentioned above. Add in lemon juice and let it sit for 7 to 8 hours.
- Now in a pan, add olive oil and fry the Marinated chicken. After it’s done, take it out and set it aside.
- Now take a wrap. Layer it with mayonnaise and ketchup. Add in the chicken filling and the vegetables.
- You have your chicken wrap ready.
This recipe is a dish that everyone savours. Not only is it healthy, but also super delicious. Whether you serve it as a starter or a main dish, it’ll never disappoint you. The recipe for simple chicken soup is quite simple.
- Corn flour
- Chicken stock
- Pour water into the pan, put the chicken inside it, add some spices, and boil it.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and add the chicken and vegetables to the boiled mixture.
- Again let it boil, and add the cornflour mixture. Once it thickness add an egg. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve it with soy sauce to add more flavour.
Ice cream is the most common sweet eaten in the United Kingdom. It is loved by many. The recipe of the dish is quite simple.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ whole milk
- ½ Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Granules of sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Take a bowl and whisk together cocoa powder, milk and sugar. Keep whisking till the sugar and cocoa powder dissolve completely.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy cream such that it becomes foamy. Fold it in the ice cream along with the Vanilla extract and let it sit in the freezer for an hour.
- Once it’s settled, transfer it to an airtight plastic container and put it inside the freezer. Let it set overnight, and you’ll have your delicious ice cream ready.
Feature Image: Pixabay