Are you looking for a way to add a little something special to your simple green beans and rice? Look no further! This easy-to-follow recipe guide is sure to bring a unique twist to your meal. With just a few simple steps, you can turn your ordinary green beans into a delicious, flavorful side dish that is sure to be a hit. Here, you’ll get to explore all the delightful ways to prepare this nutritious and delicious vegetable. Whether you want to sauté it, roast it, or even add some extra spices, you’ll find the perfect recipe to tantalize your taste buds. So, let’s get cooking!
How To Cook Green Beans With Rice?
Green beans are a versatile side dish that can be cooked in a variety of ways. The most popular methods are boiling, steaming, sautéing, and roasting. Green beans and rice is a classic comfort food that is easy to make and is a great way to get some vegetables into your diet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and onion, and cook until the onion is softened and the rice is lightly toasted about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans and stir well. Cover and cook until the green beans are tender and the rice is cooked through about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
7 Ways To Make Green Bean Recipes
Green beans are a vegetable that can be used in a variety of recipes. They are a nutritious and flavorful addition to any meal and can be prepared in a variety of ways. From roasted to steamed, sautéed to stir-fried, there is a multitude of ways to make green beans. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create delicious and healthy dishes that your family and friends are sure to love. Here are some ways to make green beans in different recipes, so you can
experiment and find the perfect way to cook your favorite vegetable.
1. How To Use Green Beans In Fried Rice?
Green beans are a great addition to fried rice! To add green beans to your fried rice dish, wash and trim the green beans. Cut them into bite-sized pieces and set them aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the green beans and stir-fry them for a few minutes until they are tender.
- Once done, remove the green beans from the pan and set aside. Add some more oil and heat over medium heat in the same pan.
- Add in the cooked rice and stir-fry for a few minutes. Add the green beans back to the pan and mix everything together.
- Any other desired ingredients, such as onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and whatever else you’d like. Stir-fry everything together until the rice is heated through and all the ingredients are combined. Serve your fried rice with the green beans, and enjoy!
How To Cut Green Beans For Fried Rice?
Cutting green beans for fried rice is a simple process and only takes a few minutes. First, rinse the green beans and remove any unwanted stems. Then, take a sharp knife and cut the beans into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Once the beans are cut, you can add them to your fried rice. To give the beans a more uniform look, you can also cut them into small cubes. To do this, start by cutting the green beans into thin slices, as before. Then, stack the slices and cut them into 1/4-inch cubes. Finally, add the cubes to your fried rice.
2. Green Beans And White Rice
Green beans and white rice is an easy meal that is sure to please the whole family. Its simple flavors, hearty textures, and nutritious ingredients make it a great choice for any occasion. It is simple, hearty, and filling. The combination of earthy green beans with the nutty flavor of white rice is a perfect balance for a side dish or main meal.
- Green beans and white rice are classic side dishes that are easy to make and flavorful.
- Combining the two ingredients creates a delicious, comforting meal that can be served as a side dish or as a main course.
- To make this dish, boil a large pot of salted water. Once boiling, add 1-2 cups of green beans and cook for 8-10 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and drain.
- In a separate pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 cup of white rice, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the green beans and white rice are cooked, add the green beans to the pan with the white rice. Stir everything together, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve the green beans and white rice as a side dish or as a main course.
3. Asian Green Beans And Rice
Asian green beans and rice is a great way to get a delicious, healthy meal on the table in no time. It is also a great way to use leftovers, as it is versatile and can be made with whatever vegetables and spices you have. Its unique flavor and texture will surely be a hit with all your family and friends!
- To make this recipe, you will need to start by preparing the green beans. Wash and trim the ends of the beans, then cut them into one-inch pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the green beans to the skillet and sauté for a few minutes until they are tender.
- Next, add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook for another minute or two. Then, add the cooked rice and stir everything together until it is evenly mixed. Finally, add the soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Once the rice and green beans are cooked, garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot. This dish can also be served with a side of steamed vegetables or a salad. It is a great way to get your daily servings of vegetables and a nutritious meal.
- Whether served as a side dish or as a main course, Asian green beans and rice are sure to satisfy. This dish is a great way to add flavor, nutrition, and variety to your diet.
4. Basmati Rice With Green Beans
Basmati rice with green beans is a flavorful and nutritious dish. Basmati rice is a long-grain rice that originates from India and Pakistan. It has a unique nutty flavor and a pleasant aroma. Green beans are a great source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A, C, K, and magnesium. They are also high in fiber, which helps to keep you full for longer.
- To begin, rinse 1 cup of Basmati rice in a sieve and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the rinsed rice.
- Lower the heat, cover the saucepan and simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- While the rice is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 small onion, minced, and 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon of red chili powder (optional). Stir to combine.
- Add 1 pound of fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover the skillet, and cook for an additional 4 minutes until the beans are tender.
- When the rice and beans are cooked, combine them in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Serve warm.
5. Green Bean Rice Bowl
The green bean rice bowl is a delicious, nutritious, and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner. This dish combines cooked white or brown rice with green beans, mushrooms, and onion. The beans and mushrooms add a great texture and flavor to the rice, while the onion adds an extra layer of flavor.
- To make the dish, start by heating some oil in a large pan, then add the onion, mushrooms, and sauté until softened.
- Next, add the green beans and sauté for a few more minutes. Finally, add the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- Serve the green bean rice bowl with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and your favorite condiments. This dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and is sure to satisfy all taste buds!
6. Rice Green Beans Tomatoes
Rice, green beans, and tomatoes are a classic combination that works well in many dishes. Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates and provides a nice base for other ingredients. Green beans are a nutritious vegetable that contains vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The addition of tomatoes adds a burst of flavor and a bit of acidity.
- To get started, begin by cooking the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Once the rice is cooked, mix in the green beans, tomatoes, and your favorite seasonings.
- For added flavor, you can also add some garlic and onion. Give the mixture a good stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Once the rice and veggies are fully cooked, serve the dish hot. If desired, you can also sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. The combination of rice, green beans, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese makes this a delicious and healthy side dish.
7. Kidney Beans And Green Beans
Kidney beans and green beans are both types of legumes that are popular in many dishes. Kidney beans are dark red and are usually used in chili, salads, and soups. They are full of protein, dietary fiber, and vitamins, making them a healthy and nutritious addition to any meal. On the other hand, green beans are a type of string bean and are usually cooked and served as a side dish. They are also high in dietary fiber and vitamins, making them a healthy and wholesome choice.
- To make this recipe, start by rinsing and straining one can of kidney beans and one can of green beans. Place them in a large pot and cover them with cold water.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a diced red onion, a diced red bell pepper, and a minced garlic clove.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened. Next, add in the beans and about a cup of vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for an additional 15 minutes or until the beans are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste when the beans are finished cooking. Serve hot as a side dish or a main course. Enjoy!
8. Green Beans Rice Recipe Vegetarian
Green bean rice is a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish that is very easy to make. It combines flavorful green beans with fluffy white rice to create a satisfying meal. The green beans can be cooked in a variety of ways; steamed, boiled, or stir-fried.
To make this dish, begin by preparing the rice according to package instructions. Then, heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the beans are tender, reduce the heat to low and add the cooked rice. Stir the mixture until all the ingredients are combined and the rice is lightly browned. Serve the green beans rice warm.
Green bean rice dishes are a staple in many cultures and cuisines. These dishes typically consist of cooked rice mixed with cooked green beans, sometimes with the addition of spices or other ingredients. Green beans are low in calories and fat, making them an ideal part of a healthy diet. Rice adds carbohydrates and bulk to the dish, making it a filling meal. This type of dish is a great way to get in a variety of vegetables and enjoy a wholesome and delectable meal.
Feature Image: Pixabay
Looking for something more: