Pizza rolls are a popular snack or appetizer made by wrapping pizza ingredients, such as cheese and pepperoni, in a thin sheet of dough and then baking them. Cooking pizza rolls allows the dough to become crispy on the outside while melting, heating the cheese and other fillings inside so that the finished product is a delicious, hot, savory bite that is flavored with a strong taste of cheese. They are convenient, easy to make, and can be served as a snack, appetizer, or quick meal.
The cooking time for pizza rolls can vary depending on the cooking method used, the size and thickness of the rolls, and the temperature of the oven or appliance. Typically, pizza rolls are cooked in a conventional oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 12-15 minutes or until ready to eat. Heat the rolls in a microwave usually takes 1-2 minutes. It takes about 8-10 minutes to cook the pizza rolls using an air fryer. When pan-frying on a stovetop, it takes about 5-7 minutes.
To begin with, let’s discuss the several ways to make pizza rolls.
Top 10 Methods Of Cooking Pizza Rolls
Here are five common methods of cooking pizza rolls:
- Conventional Oven: Preheat the conventional oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake the pizza rolls for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese begins to melt.
- Toaster Oven: For golden brown pizza rolls and melting cheese, bake them in a toaster oven for about 10-12 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Microwave: Place pizza rolls on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for about 1-2 minutes or just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Air Fryer: Place pizza rolls in an air fryer and cook at 400°F (200°C) for about 8-10 minutes or until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Stovetop: Pizza rolls can also be cooked on a stovetop by pan-frying them in a little oil until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted, which typically takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Slow Cooker: Place pizza rolls in a slow cooker and cooks on low for about 2-3 hours or until the crust is soft and the cheese is melted.
- Deep Fryer: Deep fry pizza rolls in hot oil until the edges are crispy and the cheese is melted, which typically takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Griddle: Cook pizza rolls on a griddle or flat top till the outside are crispy, and the cheese is creamy; typically takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Grill: Place pizza rolls on a ready-to- grill, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, occasionally turning, until the crust is crispy and the cheese is bubbling.
- Oven Broiler: Place pizza rolls on a baking sheet and broil in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or until crispy and warm.
Note: Cooking times may vary based on the size and thickness of the pizza rolls and the cooking method used, so it’s best to follow the instructions on the packaging for the most accurate results.
A lot of people are willing to know how pizza rolls is baked in a microwave and air fryer. Look into it a little more.
How Long To Cook Pizza Rolls In Microwave?
The cooking time for pizza rolls in a microwave can vary based on the wattage of the microwave and the number of rolls being cooked. On average, it takes about 1 to 2 minutes to cook 4 to 6 pizza rolls in a microwave.
Here is a general guideline for cooking pizza rolls in a microwave:
- Place the pizza rolls on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover the plate with a microwave-safe lid or wrap it with microwave-safe plastic wrap.
- Cook on high power for 1 minute.
- Check the pizza rolls and continue cooking in 15-second increments, if needed, until they are hot and crispy.
Note: Always follow the cooking instructions on the packaging for the specific brand of pizza rolls you are using, as cooking times may vary.
How To Cook Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer
To cook pizza rolls in an air fryer, follow these steps:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the frozen pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the pizza rolls for 8-10 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Halfway through cooking, flip the pizza rolls to ensure even cooking on both sides.
- Once the pizza rolls are cooked, remove them from the air fryer and serve immediately. Enjoy your crispy, delicious air fryer pizza rolls!
Pizza Rolls Air Fryer Temp
The temperature to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer is typically set to 400°F (204°C). This high temperature ensures that the pizza rolls cook evenly and become crispy on the outside while remaining warm and gooey on the inside.
How Long To Cook Frozen Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer?
The cooking time for frozen pizza rolls in an air fryer is approximately 8-10 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the brand of pizza rolls and the power of your air fryer, so it’s a good idea to check on the rolls periodically and flip them halfway through to ensure even cooking on both sides. The pizza rolls are done when they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and hot and melted on the inside.
Why Should You Try Homemade Pizza Roll?
Homemade pizza rolls offer several benefits:
- Customization: You can choose your toppings and ingredients to make the pizza rolls exactly to your liking.
- Freshness: Homemade pizza rolls are from fresh ingredients and are free from preservatives and artificial flavors.
- Cost-Effective: Making pizza rolls at home is much more affordable than ordering from a restaurant.
- Quality Control: You can control the quality and quantity of ingredients used in the pizza rolls, ensuring they are healthier and tastier.
- Fun Activity: Making pizza rolls can be a fun and enjoyable activity to do with friends or family.
- Sense Of Accomplishment: A sense of satisfaction comes with making something delicious from scratch.
Try the homemade pizza roll recipe and enjoy all the benefits of a fresh and delicious snack!
Pizza Roll Calories
The number of calories in a pizza roll varies depending on the brand, size, and ingredients. On average, one pizza roll can contain anywhere from 100 to 200 calories. It’s best to check the label or nutritional information of the specific product to get an accurate count.
Pizza rolls typically contain a combination of wheat flour, tomato sauce, cheese, and various toppings such as meat, vegetables, and spices. Here are some general nutrient facts for a typical pizza roll:
- Calories: 100-200 calories per roll
- Fat: 5-10 grams, including saturated and trans fats
- Sodium: 300-800 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 15-30 grams, including fiber and sugar
- Protein: 5-10 grams
It’s important to note that these values can vary widely based on the brand and size of the pizza roll. It’s best to check the label or nutritional information for a specific product to get a more accurate picture of its nutrient content.
Homemade Pizza Roll Recipe
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the crescent rolls on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crescent rolls, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and chopped pepperoni on top of the pizza sauce.
- Roll up the crescent rolls, starting from the wide end and rolling to the narrow end.
- Brush the top of the rolls with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!