Brooks is a brand that produces canned chili beans in various flavors such as Original, Hot & Spicy and Vegetarian. Often used as a main ingredient in chili dishes, these beans can also be re-heated as a side dish on their own. The high quality, taste, and versatility of Brooks chili beans make them a popular choice among home cooks and professional chefs alike.
Chili beans are beans cooked in a chili sauce, typically made from a mixture of tomatoes, chili peppers, spices, and sometimes meat. They are a staple of Tex-Mex cuisine and are often served as a side dish or as a filling for tacos, burritos, and other Mexican-style foods. In addition, chili beans can be made with a variety of beans, such as pinto, black, kidney, or navy beans, and can range in flavor from mild to spicy. Moving on to the benefits of chili beans, below are some of their health benefits.
Chili beans, or beans in a chili sauce, can provide several health benefits, including:
- Fiber: Beans are a good source of fiber, which can aid digestion and help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Protein: Beans are a plant-based source of protein, making them a great option for vegetarians and vegans.
- Antioxidants: Chili peppers, a key ingredient in chili beans, contain antioxidants that can help protect the body against harmful free radicals.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Beans and chili peppers both provide a variety of vitamins and minerals, including iron, folate, and vitamin C.
- Heart Health: The fiber and protein in beans and the potassium in chili peppers can support heart health by reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
It’s important to note that store-bought chili beans may contain added sodium, so it’s best to make your own at home or choose low-sodium options.
What Kind Of Beans Are In Brooks Chili?
Brooks Chili Beans are typically made with pinto beans. Pinto beans are commonly used in Tex-Mex cuisine and traditional Mexican dishes such as refried beans and chili.
Moreover, Brooks Chili Beans are canned beans that come pre-cooked in a chili sauce, making them a convenient and flavorful ingredient for many different recipes.
Chili Beans Recipe
This recipe makes about 4 servings and can be easily doubled, depending on your needs. Here’s a simple recipe for making Brooks-style chili beans:
- 1 can (15 oz) of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, diced onion, diced avocado, sour cream
- Mix the pinto beans, diced tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Next, stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve hot chili beans, topped with shredded cheese, diced onion, avocado, and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Are Brooks Chili Beans Gluten Free?
Yes, Brooks chili beans are gluten-free. The primary ingredients in the product are red beans and chili sauce, which do not contain gluten. However, it’s always important to check the label to verify if there have been any changes to the ingredients or processing methods, especially if you have a severe gluten intolerance.
Contentious: What Happened To Brooks Chili Beans?
Why Can’t I Find Brooks Chili Beans?
We came across several reasons why you cannot find Brooks beans:
- Availability: The product may not be available in your area due to various factors such as supply chain disruptions, seasonal fluctuations, or distribution limitations due to a shortage of raw production.
- Store location: Different stores carry different products, and it’s possible that the store you usually shop at doesn’t carry Br chili beans.
- Out of stock: If the product is popular in your area, it’s possible that the store has run out of stock and has not restocked yet.