Tonight at the World Equestrian Center was the opening night of the Ocala Food and Wine Festival, and the festivities began with a welcoming party. Guests will get the opportunity to experience cuisine and beverages from some of Ocala’s finest restaurants, breweries, wineries, and distilleries, all during the course of the weekend. People will get the opportunity to meet and greet famous chefs and take a free sample glass with them as they leave. The festival will continue on Sunday with further tastings and cooking demonstrations, and it will come to a close on Sunday, November 7, with a brunch.
Celebrity chefs from around the state will team up with their counterparts in the host city to prepare an upscale multi-course meal that is expertly complemented with a wide range of alcoholic beverages. Masters of the wine business will join them in leading cookery demonstrations.
2021 Event Festival
The first 2021 event attracted around 800 attendees, so the organizers hoped to double that number this year. The festival’s primary objective is to encourage and promote the development of a local workforce in the fields of gastronomy and hospitality. The funds raised will go to charitable organizations in Marion County that help young people find careers in the hospitality industry.
Drink and Taste
On November 5, 2022, between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Every 30 minutes, there will be a demonstration. Selected wines, beers, and spirits will complement the regional dishes served to the guests. The event will include celebrity chefs demonstrating their best dishes and answering questions from the audience.
Celebrity chefs will pair with chefs from top spots in Ocala to create a custom menu for guests. Big Lee’s BBQ, The Cantina Tex-Mex & Tequila Bar, and more are just a few of the seven partner restaurants available.
Join Us for a Gathering
Attending one of the festival’s informative breakout courses is a great way for guests to further their culinary knowledge. From 11:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., students may choose from one of three possible class periods.
The Jazz Brunch Mix
On November 6, 2022, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. The price of admission includes a three-course brunch meal inspired by southern cooking traditions and showcasing seasonal ingredients. Live jazz from Breezeway Band is planned.
8 Famous Chefs
- Los Angeles’s James Beard Award-winning chef is Timothy Hollingsworth. The Otium proprietor – He was a contestant in the 2018 season of The Final Table, available on Netflix.
- Lorena Garcia, a Venezuelan chef, is most known for opening her newest restaurant, CHICA, where she serves up the bold and bright tastes of Latin American cuisine.
- Art Smith is the executive chef and co-owner of the restaurants’ Table Fifty-Two, Art and Soul, Southern Art & Bourbon Bar, and LYFE Kitchen. He has won several honors for his cooking.
- Chef and TV personality from Venezuela, Yisus Diaz.
- Chef Yisus is the proprietor of Ikura Sushi in Miami and the featured on-air chef on Univision’s Despierta América.
- The name Esdras Ochoa is synonymous with authentic Mexican cuisine in California. He had just established 11 Westside, a restaurant and bar in China that serves authentic Mexican cuisine in the heart of bustling Hong Kong.
- Rashad Jones of Ocala hosts the popular Food Network program Eat, Sleep, BBQ. Rashad Jones has earned the title of “barbecue king” in his area. In Ocala, he operates the popular BBQ food truck known as Big Lee’s.
- Falkner, Elizabeth, is a well-known chef featured on several popular TV shows. She’s responsible for launching many successful eateries in the Golden State, including a few that have earned Michelin stars.
Event tickets have gone on sale. You may get one for a certain price each day and per experience. In addition, a special VIP weekend package might be yours. To register or find out more about the schedule, featured chefs, special events planned for this conference, and information on available breakout sessions, visit the conference website.
Feature image: Pixabay