Publix is a popular supermarket chain in the southeastern United States known for its delicious fried chicken. One of the most popular items on the menu is the Publix chicken tenders, which are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Many people wonder what the secret is to the Publix chicken tenders recipe, and in this article, we will break down the ingredients and steps needed to make this delicious dish at home.
Publix Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
How To Cook?
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper until well combined.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined.
- Place the seasoned breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken tenderloin in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the chicken tenderloin in the egg mixture, making sure it is fully coated.
- Finally, coat the chicken tenderloin in the seasoned breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to ensure they stick.
- Repeat the dipping and coating process for all chicken tenderloins.
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat enough oil to cover the chicken tenderloins. Heat the oil to 350°F.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the chicken tenderloins to the oil and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove the chicken from the oil and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the chicken tenders hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- For even more flavor, marinate the chicken tenders in buttermilk for a few hours before breading and frying.
- To make the chicken tenders extra crispy, double-coat them by repeating the dipping and coating process a second time.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding the chicken tenders. If the oil is not hot enough, the chicken will absorb too much oil and become greasy.
- To keep the chicken tenders warm while frying in batches, place them on a wire rack set over a baking sheet in a 200°F oven.
In conclusion, the Publix chicken tenders recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. By following these simple steps and tips, you can recreate the crispy and flavorful chicken tenders from your local Publix supermarket in your home.
Feature Image: Pixabay