This weekend I had to go to for my office work to Florida as I was running late and couldn’t eat my breakfast, so I decided to try a Publix chicken tender cub, also known as Pub sub, as it was nearby. It was on this day I realized why it is so famous among the masses. The taste was truly awesome, and self-explanatory about its popularity. Read on to find out what Publix chicken tender sub is, its price, how you can make a homemade Publix chicken tender sub, and everything you should know before trying it out.
What Is Publix Chicken Tender Sub?
Publix chicken tender sub or Pub cub is a famous and huge sub sandwich that includes double hand-breaded chicken tenders and is loaded with fresh toppings of one’s choice. Publix also provides an option of tossing the chicken tenders in any of the sauces they provide.
The number of calories a 6 inches Publix chicken tender sub contains is approximately 620 calories and 36g of proteins. Other nutrients that it contains are fats(14.00g), Cholesterol (40mg), Sodium (1900mg), Carbohydrates(88g), Dietary Fibers (4.0g), and Sugar (8.00g)
The serving size of a Publix chicken sub with 620 calories is only one sub or sandwich.
All the ingredients that you need to make a Publix chicken sub at home are listed below:
- 8 boneless chicken tenders
- One tablespoon butter
- 1 and a half cup lettuce
- 6 tomatoes slices
- 6 onion slices
- Jalapenos (as much as you want)
- 7 pickles
- Honey mustard
- One 6” long double-headed bread
- Take 8 boneless chicken tenders and marinate them in honey mustard for thirty minutes.
- Toss them in one tablespoon of melted butter until cooked juicy and tender.
- Take one 6” long double-headed bread and make room for all the toppings.
- Spread some mayo on it’s both sides.
- Assemble all the chicken tenders on the bread.
- Add lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapenos, and pickles one by one.
- Wrap it in butter paper, and it’s ready to eat
Publix provides a wonderful opportunity for its customers to customize their Pub Subs. They offer a huge variety of toppings, including American Cheese Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Onions, Tomatoes, Fresh Peppers, Banana Peppers, Black Olives, Cucumbers, Jalapenos, Baby Spinach, Mayo, Mustard, Honey Mustard, Olive oil, Salt and Pepper Oregano, and Sub Sauces.
Publix Chicken Tender Sub Sauces
Publix provides a great number of sauces that are quite famous in the southeastern United States. The sauces can be customized just like the toppings of the subs. The sauces include Buffalo Sauce (best amongst all), Hot Sauce, Ranch Dressing, Publix Boar’s Head Dressing, Beanos Dressing, and Submarine Original.
- Whenever you are at Publix to order a Publix chicken tender sub, ask them to add all the veggies of your choice and put unchopped chicken tenders at the side. In this way, you will get a veggie sub and six chicken tenders separately.
- You can also ask for the chicken tenders to be tossed in any sauce Publix deli provides without extra charges. Isn’t it worth it?
Buffalo Chicken Tender Sub At Publix
Another sub from Publix considered legendary in most South Eastern regions of America is Buffalo Chicken Tender Sub. This sub only has the addition of Deli’s famous sauce, the Buffalo Sauce, which makes it stand out. Just like Publix’s chicken tender sub, you can add as many items as you want in your sub with buffalo sauce inside. The buffalo sauce gives this sub a unique and different taste punch. It’s truly a game changer.
Where To Buy?
You can buy Publix Chicken Subs from Publix grocery stores that only operate in the southeastern United States, such as in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia, for just $7.99. If you want to ship your pub sub to your doorstep, you can easily get it by placing the order at Instacart.
Chicken Tender Sub Publix Sale
- Being customer friendly, Publix offers sales on their Publix chicken tender sub in their weekly ads. This year Publix offered sales in the month of May and July.
- This year from May 11 to May 17, 2022, Publix weekly ads announced sales on its delectable subs throughout Florida. The sub lovers could save up to $3 by buying their favorite sub for only $6.99.
- Also, July 7 to July 13, 2022, Publix weekly ads announced another sale on its scrumptious sub for all the sub lovers in America. The sub lovers could get their sub for $7.99 dollar while saving $2.
How many tenders are in a Publix platter?
When it comes to serving chicken tenders, Publix Deli knows how to satisfy its customers. Small Publix chicken Tender serves 8 to 12 chicken tenders per platter. Medium Publix chicken Tender serves 16-20 chicken tenders per platter targe. Publix chicken tender serves 26 to 30 Chicken Tenders per platter.
Can you reheat a Publix chicken tender sub?
You cannot reheat a Publix tender sub. However, if you want to take away your Pub Sub with you and eat it later, you can ask them to pack each chicken tender and toppings separately. Later, you can easily reheat the chicken tenders and assemble the veggies in your pub-sub by yourself before eating. That’s how you can enjoy fresh pub-sub whenever you want.
What is the best Publix sandwich?
When it comes to the best sub at Publix, it is very hard to choose one as Publix has a long list of delectable subs. Their customers find the best Publix sandwiches: chicken tender sub, Italian sub, Chicken cordon bleu sub, Ultimate sub, and Havana bold sub.
What cheese is good on a chicken tender sub?
Publix provides a number of options for cheese toppings for a chicken tender sub, but American Cheese remains at the top when choosing the best topping for a Chicken Tender Sub.
How long can a chicken sub sit out?
A Publix chicken tender sub can stay fresh for at least 2 to 3 hours. However, the fried and toasted chicken tenders added inside the sub can stay fresh for 4 hours according to the chicken tenders sub’s wrap sticker.
Publix chicken tender subs have become this regional grocer’s number-one seller. They sell this sub throughout the day and week. Customers love this sub with the toppings and sauces of their own choice. People also appreciate it’s staying out duration and take it away with them to beaches and other picnic spots to eat. In a nutshell, this article covers information on different topics about the Publix chicken tender sub. The article contains descriptions of the recipe, reheating, and staying out the time of the chicken tender sub. It also contains information about nutrients in a sub, Publix’s best sauces and toppings, their hot-selling subs, the places to buy this sub, and the actual price and sale on this sub as well.
Feature Image: Pixabay