Thanks to the air fryer, for this super fast fish stick sandwich. The way it tastes would make you think it takes a lot of effort but it goes from prep to snack table in 30 minutes only. The recipe works well with a simple side to complete a great platter
For years, fish has been a great source of proteins and vital nutrients for the human body. Its unique taste and countless benefits make it a valuable food. Fish makes an indispensable contribution to a healthy diet and a strong body.
It supplies low fat muscle meat which contains 20% protein, omega 3 fatty acid that nourishes human skin, hair, also prevents autoimmune diseases, iodine that maintains thyroid hormones, selenium which helps in preventing cancer.
Vitamin D is present in very few foods and is extremely good for bones, vitamin B, B12, and all needed amino acids. These nutrients also lower the risk of heart attacks, strokes are considered to be the cause of premature deaths. It also improves brain health.
Studies show that people who consume fish regularly are much less likely to become depressed. Consumption of fish is also beneficial for vision. Moreover, it is not a costly item and is easily available in winter.
Following fish types are considered to be the healthiest among all types.
- Lake trout.
- Freshwater whitefish.
We will use tuna for our fish stick sandwich.
Fish Stick Sandwich
It is generally observed that food rich in nutrients does not taste good but that is not true in the case of fish. Its taste, if prepared well, is a treat for the buds. All over the world, it is being prepared in a variety of ways. You can make fish curry, fried fish, boneless fish, fish cutlets, and much more. Fish, in the form of sandwiches, is quite technical to make but it is a very healthy way of consuming it. Let us make a 30-minute delicious and undoubtedly the best fish sandwich in the easiest way.
Here goes the top-notch recipe, a feast to eyes and a treat to buds:
- 1 small red onion, cut in cubes
- 4 oz. pickle and olives
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. barbeque (BBQ) sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp. mustard sauce (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp. ginger paste
- ½ tbsp. garlic paste
- 1 Tuna fish fillet (about 2/3 lb. total), cut in half crosswise on a diagonal
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices bran bread
- 2 cup potato chips, for serving
Add oil, ginger garlic paste, salt to taste, black pepper (half tsp.), lemon juice and fish fillet in a bowl. Mix it well and put it in a refrigerator for 10 minutes. Let the fish soak the spices well.
- Combine onion, pickles in a small bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, bbq sauce, and mustard sauce, hot sauce, pepper, 2 tsp. lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp. salt in another small bowl.
- Place the egg, and flour in 2 separate shallow medium bowls. Taking one at a time, dredge the already marinated fish in flour, shaking off excess. Coat evenly with egg.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Cook fish until it turns golden brown and cooked through, 2–3 minutes per side.
- Prepare fries. The diet conscious people can replace fried fries with baked ones. They both taste equally good. For baking, take a baking tray, coat it with olive oil sprinkle chips, and bake for 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180degrees.
- Roast bread slices until they are crispy.
- Coat the bread slice with the prepared sauce, put iceberg lettuce, fish fillet and sprinkle pickles and olives and sliced onions. Close it with another slice.
Take a plate, place the chick fil a fish sandwich, put some fries around and your feast is ready. Your 30-minute tasty, low-calorie (280 to 300 calories/ serving) fish stick sandwich is ready. You may also make use of your time by pre-cooking snacks like the frozen fish sandwich recipe, buffalo fish recipe, or fish piccata recipe, for the start of your week before going to work.
In these times of hustle and bustle, almost every single person, despite the utmost desire, is unable to take good care of his or her health. This is mainly because of the shortage of time and lack of recipe knowledge. Our website promises to provide recipes enriched with healthy nutrients and are easy to prepare. They are simple yet tasteful. You can save your time and money because we include no costly ingredients in our recipes.
Enjoy the fish stick sandwich!
Q1: Does Eating Fish Make You Thirsty?
A: No. It does not make you thirsty.
Q2: What Are The Benefits Of Tuna?
A: it contains Omega 3 in good quantity. Studies show that it reduces rates of cardiovascular diseases.
Q3: Can’t We Add Cheese In This Sandwich?
A: Yes you can. It will enlighten the taste and increase the calorie count.
Q4: Which Is The Most Expensive Tuna?
A: Bluefin tune is most costly.
Q5: Does Tuna Make You Gain Weight?
A: No. it is a low-calorie food. The fitness models use it in their diet to maintain their weight.
Q6: Can You Eat Canned Tuna?
A: Fresh food must be the priority always to gain great results. Canned food once in a while is ok but not every day. Moreover, it also contains mercury.
Q7: Can we Add Ketchup In The Sandwich?
A: Adding any sauce will increase the calories but yes, surely you can add if you are not a fitness freak.
Q8: Can We Grill The Fillet Instead Of Frying It?
A: Yes, you can. Better do it with the margination only. Avoid coating of egg n flour.
Q9: How Do You Get Rid Of Tuna Smell?
A: Add a few drops of lemon to get rid of its smell. Lemon will enhance the flavor also.
Q10: What Healthy Side Dishes Go With Tuna Fish Stick Sandwich?
A: Baked zucchini fingers, mixed green salad, coleslaw, avocado, boiled beans and potatoes, sautéed carrots, cauliflower and green beans, chickpea salad. All these things go well with the fish stick sandwich.