Did you know the word pizza was first born in Italy during the early 997 AD? No! Same here. With time the pizza recipes moved from country to country, adapting the flavors. And because the pizza recipe is not complicated, certain ingredients make it extra tasty. This is where Americans gained popularity when they introduced self-made sauce, which made original Italian into American pizza delight.
Italian Pizza Recipe
Now is the time to get a perfect recipe for Italian pizza. An excellent option is to read this blog before making it. You should follow some techniques to come up with a perfect result every time you bake. The recipe is given below:
In Italian pizza, you add these ingredients:
- Olive oil
- White sugar (optional)
- Tomato sauce
- Beef (Optional: white meat)
- Bell pepper
You can add any other meat in place of beef if you want. But mostly, people like beef chunks in pizza. Try using Beef ribeye roasts to your pizza topping for a greater flavor.
- 600 ml warm water
- 7 cups (1kg) flour
- 2.5 – 3 tbsp (25 grams) of fresh yeast or 2 tsp (7-8 grams) of dried yeast.
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Sprinkle the yeast into a bowl with warm water. Stir until the yeast dissolves.
- Place the flour on the table in the shape of a volcano.
- Pour the yeast-and-warm-water mixture, with other ingredients, into the “crater” of the volcano.
- Knead all of them together for 10 to 15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
Keep The Surface Floured
- Grease a bowl with olive oil. Turn the dough around, so the top is oiled.
- Cover the bowl. Put the dough aside. Let it rest for at least four to five hours.
- Make a cross on the dough using a knife.
- Preheat the oven to about 400°F, or about 200°C.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and dump it onto the floured surface.
Punch It (Pizza) Down To Make Sure There Are No Bubbles
- Divide the dough in half and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Roll each section into a 12-inch. The crust will puff up after baking.
- Transfer the dough onto an oiled pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Add tomato sauce. Brush the crust edges with some olive oil.
- Bake each pizza for 10 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese (sliced or grated) on top.
- Let them bake until the crust gets brown, and the cheese melts. Lift up the pizza to see under it. The bottom should be brown.
- Remove pizzas from the oven and garnish with basil leaves.
Still thinking about some more original Italian touch in your pizza? Find out more;
How To Make An Italian Pizza?
Making an Italian pizza isn’t rocket science. It’s easier than you can think. But you must be careful while mixing ingredients and making dough. When baking for the first time, you must know the basics and the best method to get desired results.
First of all, you need to make the dough by adding some ingredients in plain flour. After it is done, you spread it into a round shape of the desired size. Then you make a layer of pizza sauce over it. The next step is to top with beef chunks, sliced veggies such as onion, capsicum, jalapenos, and obviously lots of mozzarella. The last step is to place it in the oven and bake it for some time.
You can add pepperoni in place of beef (alternative: chicken) if you want. There are lots of flavors in pizza. You can make any of your choices.
How To Make Authentic Italian Pizza?
Inauthentic Italian pizza, four things are made. These are the base, sauce, cheese, and toppings. The base of the pizza is light, crispy, and thinner than the regular pizza you eat at a restaurant. It tastes better than a thick-crust pizza. Next is the fresh tomato sauce that is spread evenly on the dough. It’s a rich sauce made with fresh Italian tomatoes, not frozen or canned. These are then blanched in salt, olive oil, and fresh basil.
Also, try the Muffaletta Pizza recipe.
Then comes a lot of buffalo cheese. Always use high-quality it. If you are using low-grade cheese, it will ruin the taste. So be careful when using cheese for an Italian pizza. Italians add fresh basil, tomato sauce, and white mozzarella to the topping. Some may also add some oregano and olive oil for a rich taste. In some classic pizzas, you will see artichokes, salami, sausage, anchovies, black olives, and fresh basil. There are mushrooms, ham, eggplant, capers, parmesan, tune, gorgonzola cheese, onions, fresh tomatoes, zucchini, and red capsicum too.
There are a lot of flavors in authentic Italian pizza. You can add as many ingredients as you like. Toppings have a lot of variety. It depends on the taste and choice of a person.
Learn some great tips for original Italian beef pizza;
Italian Pizza Vs. American Pizza
As you know, pizza was first made in Italy. It became popular there and also spread to America. But they make it in a different style. You should get an idea about the difference between the two. There is a difference in the crust, sauce, and topping mainly. The crust for an Italian pizza is thin but American pizza has a thick crust. The sauce for Italian pizza contains olive oil, fresh tomatoes, oregano, and garlic. The American pizza sauce is tangy. It’s cooked slowly over the stove for a few hours. In Italian pizza, there is one topping or sometimes no topping at all. In American pizza, there is a variety of toppings.
|Now you know how to make easy and quick Italian pizza. Try this out and enjoy. You have got the best Italian pizza recipe. Share with us your pizza recipe(s). We would love to share it on Recipedev.com|
Feature image: Pixabay
Find some interesting articles: