Who doesn’t love Christmas and Halloween? After all, both occasions are about dressing up. Playing games, getting to spend time with our families, and, most importantly, it’s about making silly and creative sweets and treats. During these two times of the year, we want our creativity to flourish when it comes to making something sweet and delicious. If you are in search of something like this, then keep on reading because we are going to be introducing you to a cake that’ll make both your Halloween and Christmas extra special. Nightmare Before Christmas cake is an innovative idea to make your holidays more fun and exciting, so keep on reading and find out more about this amazing eatable.
What Is A Nightmare Before Christmas Cake?
Nightmare Before Christmas cake is an innovative way of creating a soft, moist, and delicious chocolate cake for occasions like Halloween and Christmas. The cake is actually adapted from the animated famous kid movie. The decoration of the cake is usually done using black and white frosting, and the face of the main character, jack skellington is drawn on the cake to put on more emphasis on the movie.
How Is The Nightmare Before Christmas Cake Made?
The cake is pretty simple and easy to make. It’s full of flavor and enticing. The decorations done on it make it more eye-catching and attractive.
- 1 Box of chocolate cake mix ( if you don’t want to use pre made cake mix, then you can use all-purpose flour and cocoa powder )
- 1 Stick of butter
- 2 Cups of powdered sugar ( you can add more or less according to your taste)
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla extract
- A pack of heavy wiping cream
- White food coloring
- Black food coloring
- Black fondant
- Prepare the chocolate cake batter either using the box mix or by using the homemade mixture.
- Now take 3 baking pans/cake molds, spray them with butter, and line them with parchment paper. Add the cake mixture to the pans and put them inside the oven for 20 minutes or until nicely baked.
- After the cakes are baked, take them out and cut off their tops to flatten them out. You can use the cut-off tops to make cake pops.
- Now in a bowl, add the softened butter and blend it using a blender till nice and fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, wiping cream, and vanilla extract and blend them all till nice and velvety.
- Now separate the prepared frosting into two equal portions in two separate bowls. Add black food coloring in one bowl and white in another.
- Adjust the first layer of your cake on a cake stand and start layering it with white frosting. After it’s done, add the second layer of cake, but this time uses black frosting. Finally, add the 3 and final layer and again use the white frosting.
Smooth out the frosting using a spatula. Now take the black fondant and cut out the face and eyes of jack skellington. Voila, you have your cake ready.
The nightmare before Christmas cake is the best way to surprise your family and friends with an eye catching, delicious treat. It’s quick, delicious, and super easy to make, so pull on your apron and get started on this delicious treat.
Feature Image: Pixabay
Looking for more cake recipes?