We’re are a delicious dessert pinch of yum strawberry cookies. Strawberry fruit is present in nearly every kitchen because of its wonderful taste, easy availability, low cost, and multiple benefits. This little treat protects your heart, lowers blood pressure, helps maintain good cholesterol, and prevents cancer. Strawberry is rich in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins. Moreover, it is considered to be a fat-free low-calorie food.
With a lot more other benefits, this fruit can be consumed in countless ways. The baking industry relies much on strawberry fruit to prepare cakes, cookies, custards, puddings, and pancakes. It also goes well with chocolate and whipped cream.
Strawberry Cookies with Cake Mix
Cake mix cookies are soft and chewy cookies made out of a simple box of cake mix. It saves you ample time as opposed to regular cookies and gives you some very flavorful cookies!
If you love strawberry cookies, there is no need to rush or worry about their preparation now. Its taste is mouthwatering and simply unforgettable. Here’s the recipe.
Follow the directions closely to avoid any mistakes.
- To make the cookies, you will just need cake mix, 2 eggs, and 1/3 cup melted butter or oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before you begin to make the cookie batter.
- Line baking sheets with either parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- First, mix the eggs and the oil together until they are completely blended.
- Next, stir in the box of cake mix until you have formed a thick dough. It will be a little sticky, but it should still be easy to work with.
- Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet, spacing each ball of dough about 2 inches apart. These cookies will spread quite a bit as they bake, so be sure to give them room to spread out without blending together.
- Bake the cookies for between 7-9 minutes. The bottoms should have just been lightly browned and the tops should look dry. Let the cookie cool on the pan for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
How do I Thicken a Cake Mix for Cookies?
It is easy to make a thick cake mix for cookies. You can add dry ingredients to it. Adding more flour will make it thicker. But with more flour, you will have to adjust the quantity of sugar and other ingredients too. Just be careful with the exact proportion to come with the best cookies. Making the dough in the right way is important to have the desired results.
Can You Make a Cake from a Cookie Mix?
Yes, you can make a cake from a cookie mix. It’s not as hard as you would imagine. It needs creativity and courage to experiment with different recipes. Try this out.
- 1 (18.25 – ounce) box of cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup add-ins like chocolate chips or M&M’s (if adding in sprinkles, use 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil until smooth in a large bowl. Alternatively, you can do this step in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mixing ingredients on low until combined.
- Mix in desired add-ins until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet 2- inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
For those who want to make cookies from the start. Following is the recipe.
How Do You Make Strawberry Cookies From Scratch?
You can make strawberry cookies at home without any professional help. Instructions
are given below:
- 1 cup white sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (heat in the oven for 15 seconds)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons strawberry puree (blend the strawberries in a blender)
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour or coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or orange extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
- Cover the baking dish with parchment paper
- Beat 1 cup white sugar or brown sugar and melted butter together in a bowl with an electric mixer or spatula until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Then beat the egg into the butter mixture.
- Add the strawberry puree.
- Stir flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt into the mixture with a spoon until the ingredients are completely incorporated into the dough.
- Roll dough into small-sized balls and place each ball 1 1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Lightly press each ball down to flatten.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 15 minutes until they get light brown
- Let it cool
These strawberry recipes are winning in every way. They have simple ingredients and are easy to prepare. They are also perfect for entertaining guests because the taste is not ever compromised in our recipes.
How Much Sugar Should Strawberry Cookies Contain?
The exact amount of sugar in strawberry cookies depends on your taste. Some like it sweeter, while others prefer it less sugary. You can add according to the number of other ingredients. If you use 230 gm of flour, add 114 gm of sugar.
These recipes are rich in calories due to the addition of sugar. But there is no need to worry because we assure you that apart from eating raw strawberries to consume fewer calories, you can also eat them in various other healthy ways. All you need is to replace the flour with coconut flour, almond flour, or oar flour. All three kinds are easily available. You can replace sugar with bran sugar. The taste will be a little different but good.
You have got a lot of strawberry cookie recipes here. You have to try them to know how they taste.
Enjoy the treat!!!
Feature image: Pixabay
More related articles: