Zaxby’s is well-known for its delicious and high-quality food. To begin, they use only the finest ingredients, such as chicken breasts that have been stripped of everything except their white flesh. The components are meticulously prepared, from hand-breading chicken to fresh vegetable slicing. Not until you place an order do they begin preparing your food. Finally, Zaxby’s hope you’ll give one of their twelve unique sauces a go to satisfy your taste buds. Taking a tour of Zaxby’s chicken fingers and buffalo wings is the goal of this article.
What’s more? It is often asked: why do Zaxby’s add a Z to everything? Well, first of all, it’s not everything. They use it on the most important things like Fingerz and Zalads, in unexpected places like Rewardz, or for no reason like Zattitude. The only criteria really are, “Will it make someone look twice and smile?”
Zaxby’s: American Chain of Restaurants
The year was 1990, and Statesboro, Georgia, was the starting point. Back in 1982, Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley, two friends from back in their youth, launched the first Zaxby’s (then known as ZAX) with the purpose of providing customers with delicious, affordable, and enjoyable fast food. The idea, which was among the first of its kind in the world of luxury quick-service restaurants, was a smashing hit. Zach and Tony decided to franchise the business in 1994. They established their headquarters in Athens, GA, and soon started catering to more customers than simply their visitors. They established a network of businesspeople dedicated to expanding Zaxby’s brand.
Watch: The Background of Zaxby’s and Its Founder
When making decisions, Zaxby relies on its core beliefs. They are the foundation of the Servant Leadership style that guides their staff. Motivated by their core beliefs, they may provide true and lasting joy to others’ lives. Their goal is to improve the quality of people’s lives by providing them with memorable experiences that they may share with others over and over again.
- Prioritizing the Needs of Society: Zaxby’s work revolves around the needs of its customers. Zaxby’s prioritize their employees and franchisees because no amount of customer service can compare to what they have learned on the job.
- Accountability: The promise Zaxby make in this statement is binding. Since they rely on one another, they always keep their word and fulfill their obligations.
- Transparency: Honesty in speech and deeds is of the utmost importance to us. Since being direct about their intentions helps us get to the meat of any problem more quickly, Zaxby tries to communicate in a way that is respectful to everyone involved.
- Innovation: Try new things and work together. Zaxby places a premium on innovative, risk-taking thinking to remain ahead of the competition when they put their heads together that can beat the competition.
- Acceptance of Differences: You’re welcome to join us at Zaxby’s table. They appreciate each other’s unique qualities and celebrate the strength that comes from their diversity.
Next, let’s talk about the recipe.
Homemade Zaxby’s Chicken Finger Recipe
Calories: 4255 for 4 people, Servings: 4 Servings, Preparation time: 20 Minutes, Cooking time: 20 Minutes, Total time: 40 Minutes
- 1/3 cup of reduced-fat buttermilk
- a pinch of salt and a twist of peppercorn
- In a large saucepan, heat 8 cups of peanut oil over medium.
- Chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon of unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flour for all uses
- 1 beaten egg 1 cup crushed cornflakes 12 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Slice the chicken breasts across the width into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cover a shallow dish with the buttermilk and chicken.
- Get the chicken in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Oil should be heated to 375 degrees F in a deep frying pan.
- Mix the bread crumbs, cornflakes, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a shallow basin.
- In a separate, smaller dish, beat the egg. Spread out the flour in a pie pan.
- Flour, then egg, and lastly, the cornflake and breadcrumb mixture will be used to bread the chicken fingers.
- Fry the chicken for 6-8 minutes, depending on how crispy you want it. Chicken fingers should be drained on a paper towel-lined dish.
- To get a crunchier covering, let it cool for a while. Assemble and enjoy the meal.
Zaxby’s Buffalo Wings Recipe
Calories: 620, Servings: 7-8 Servings, Preparation time: 15 Minutes, Cooking time: 25 Minutes, Total time: 40 Minutes
The Sauce Ingredient
- a half cup of spicy sauce from Louisiana
- 8 tbsp. of unsalted butter (1 tbsp (or margarine)
- White vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Cayenne pepper, 14 teaspoon
- A little under a teaspoon of garlic powder
- The equivalent of a half-teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Vegetable, canola, or peanut oil sufficient for deep-frying 30 chicken wings (drumettes and wingettes separated)
How to Make?
Prepare the Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine the Louisiana hot sauce, butter, vinegar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt.
- Over low heat, with occasional stirring, bring the mixture to a simmer until the butter is melted and the sauce is thoroughly blended – Then, put aside.
Fry the Wings
- Preheat a deep fryer or a heavy-bottomed pan with a few inches of oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. When the oil is hot, add the wings in batches and fry for approximately 15 minutes or until they are crispy and golden.
- The chicken wings should be drained on some paper towels. The same procedure must be followed for the remaining wings.
Wings with Sauce
- Get the oven ready at 300 degrees. Prepare parchment paper on a baking pan.
- When the wings are done, transfer them to a large bowl and toss them with the sauce while they’re still hot.
- Close the cover on the bowl and give it a good shake to evenly distribute the coating on the wings.
- Even a spoon or spatula will do the trick for tossing the wings and sauce together.
- To make the wings extra crispy and give the sauce time to adhere, slide them onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 2–3 minutes. Blue cheese dressing should be served on the side.
The Secret Sauce Recipe
Since the restaurant’s inception, Zaxby’s has been recognized for its incomparably delicious chicken and its signature Zax Sauce. Additionally, for a number of years, Zach prepared the sauce on his own and supplied it to a number of different places so that the secret formula would remain protected. He had it manufactured when there were too many locations to keep track of, but even then, the process ensured that not a single person would know the recipe from beginning to end. To tell you the truth, not even Zaxby’s Executive Chef is quite sure how it’s prepared. All they can say is that it has an incredible flavor. The rest is going to have to stay a secret.
Culture at Zaxby’s
Put in long hours at the office, yet take time off to relax and have fun. Basically, it sums up a typical day at Zaxby’s.
Inferring a Significant Influence
On Thursday, November 11, the Corporate Citizenship and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion teams at Zaxby held Java Joy, bringing a little extra cheer to the morning by providing hot drinks and doughnuts to employees. Equally important, Java Joy is a traveling coffee shop that uses the joyristas of their charity and community partner, Extra Special Individuals, to spread unparalleled pleasure via moments of connection with people of all abilities in honor of their shared diversity.
Success and Growth
Franchisees like Shawn Goelz and Curtis Weaver put their faith in their employees by giving them opportunities like internships and field trips to Zaxby’s Support Center, where they get exposure to the company as a whole and develop skills that will serve them well in the future. Zaxby’s success is tied to yours (customer).
In the face of a severe shortage of workers, the Zaxby’s Support Center decided to take matters into their own hands by sending out teams of volunteers to assist local restaurants with mundane but essential duties like dishwashing, meal preparation and expediting. A total of 113 volunteers put in 746 hours over 8 weeks to help at 50 different business shops during the inaugural round of Caring for the Coop (C4TC). Zaxby’s exists to improve people’s lives, and they believe they have accomplished that goal with C4TC.
Because they are all in this together, Zaxby is always coming up with new ways to give back to their communities. Humans, not chickens, are the focus here.
Franchisees came together during the epidemic to demonstrate their dedication to community service by working with hospitals and medical facilities to provide over 12,000 cooked meals to healthcare professionals and first responders. Sam Smith, a franchisee for Zaxby’s, stated, “Zaxby’s stores feel honored to be a vital part of every community they serve and want to contribute all that can to support the men and women at the frontline of this worldwide struggle.”
Relief in Time of Need
Whenever severe weather causes widespread destruction, Zaxby’s is there to help in a variety of ways. Zaxby’s, along with the American Red Cross, held benefits to aid with the reconstruction of areas hit by a tornado. Employee Relations Head Michelle Morgan remarked, “?? Zaxby’s was founded on the principle of serving others, and that principle has never wavered. When one of their communities is impacted, they are all impacted. Let’s help people in need while they have the chance.
It’s Bert’s Amazing Journey
Zaxby’s collaborates with Bert’s Big Adventure to provide outings for kids and families dealing with terminal or chronic illnesses. Recently, Zaxby’s doubled the amount its customers gave to the cause when they upgraded to a big drink or a large order of crinkle fries.
The Annual Charity Golf Tournament
The Georgia Club Foundation and Downtown Academy benefited from Zaxby’s support of their 2021 Charity Golf Classic as the tournament’s headline sponsor. The tournament’s title sponsor, Zaxby’s, was given significant placement throughout the competition. Guests were welcomed with Nibblerz (supplied by the Faulkner franchisee group), gifts were distributed after registration, and golfers were met on the first hole by members of the Corporate Citizenship team and HQ volunteers. More than $100,000 was raised during the event for child and family initiatives at Downtown Academy and the Georgia Club Foundation.
Xmas Ceremony (Holiday)
Zaxby’s Support Center’s employees chipped in to construct, paint, and decorate first parade float, which will debut in the 2021 Athens Parade of Lights. As the float made its way through downtown Athens, the Zaxby’s crew handed out candy canes, merchandise, and Kidz Meal vouchers to appreciative parade-goers. In fact, Zaxby’s “Superhero Holiday”-themed float won an award for “Best Use of Theme” by a Corporation or Small Business.
Feature Image: PRNewswire