Money-saving, quick and easy family dinner ideas that add value to your weekends.
Looking for some fascinating family dinner ideas? You are in the right place. Today, as it’s weekend around, I am going to provide you with some tastiest and time-saving recipes which are healthy when it comes to foods’ selection and economic when it comes to your pockets. Family dinners provide you time to get connected with your family members and let you enjoy the fun of weekends.
5 Quick and Easy Family Dinner Ideas to Enhance your Food Experience on the Weekends
Let’s have a look on some amazing easy family dinner ideas that will be appetizing as well as easy to make. These healthy family meals make your get-together amazing.
1. Fast Family Chicken Pie:
My first recipe is really quick and easy but at the same time amazing for a weekend family dinner. Here we go with the recipe and mind you! this is easy to make and does not get hard on the pocket. It is a money-saving dinner idea for the family.
- 220g frozen shortcrust pastry pie case
- 4 eggs
- 100 ml thickened cream
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley ( depend on your taste )
- 150g perfect cheese melt
- 150g chopped or shredded cold BBQ chicken
- Arrange the oven shelf to the lower-middle position in the oven. Preheat oven 200C/180C.
- Place pastry case onto a metal baking tray and bake for 5 minutes, remove it set aside.
- Now, Whisk together eggs, cream, green onions, parsley, and ¾ of the 4 cheese melt and mix well. Stir through the chopped chicken.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the pastry case and smooth the surface. Do topping with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden and eggs are set. Cheese should be melted and golden brown. Remove and wait for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a green salad.
Nutrition Facts of Family Chicken Pie:
- Calories: 387
- Carbs: 35g
- Fat: 22g
- Protein: 12g
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 6
2. Pasta with Salmon & Peas:
Again, it is another one of the healthy dinner ideas for the family. It is quick and easy like the previous recipe.
- 240g whole wheat
- Knob of butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 140g frozen peas
- 2 skinless salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 140g low-fat fresh cream
- ½ low-salt vegetable stock cube
- Small bunch of snipped chives
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the whole wheat according to the instructions given on the pack.
- Now, put the butter knob on the heat in a saucepan, cook for five mins or until softened after adding shallot.
- Add 50 ml water, peas, salmon, and fresh cream. Crumble in the stock cube.
- After cooking for 3-4 mins stir in the chives and some black pepper. Then stir through to do coating the pasta. Now, serve in bowls.
Check out some of the mouth-watering easy Pasta recipes along with related nutrition information and facts.
- Calories: 463
- Fat: 19g
- Saturates: 6g
- Carbs: 44g
- Sugars: 5g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 25g
- Salt: 2g
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 to 12 mins
- Serves: 2 adults + 2 children
3. Easy Fish Pie Recipe:
Now this one is a little time taking recipe as compared to the previous quick dinner ideas. But when it comes to family meals this recipe can fill the appetite of your guests to their fills. These easy dinner ideas will change your normal family gathering into a memorable dinner.
- 2 kg of baby potatoes
- 2 carrots
- Olive oil
- 80g plain flour
- 800ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g mature cheddar
- 150g baby spinach
- 165g raw peeled prawns
- 340g fish pie mix
- 2 tbsp English mustard
- Preheat the oven to gas 6,200 C, fan 180 C. Scour the potatoes and cook them in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes. Meantime, scrub the carrots and slice very finely.
- Put 3 tbsp oil in a large shallow ovenproof casserole pan on medium-low heat, then blend in the flour. Cook for 1 minute, then moderately pour in the milk, stirring continuously, until you have a smooth sauce. Coarsely mince in the cheese, then stir in the carrots. Season and simmer on low heat for 5 mins.
- Drain the potatoes and leave them to steam dry. Roughly chop the spinach and stir into the cheese sauce. Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the prawns, fish pie mix, and mustard.
- Mash the potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then spoon on top of the creamy fish filling. Bake for half an hour or until golden and bubbling. Now decorate it according to your own taste. It will look lovely with a dressed green salad.
A complete guide with a variety of Potato Salads
- Fats: 19g
- Saturates: 5g
- Sugars: 10g
- Salt: 8g
- Calories: 491
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 5 to 6
4. Slow-Cooked Chicken Korma Recipe:
This is the most typical desi recipe. Chicken Korma is the only thing that can suffice the hunger of pickiest eaters and undoubtedly it will make the best family-friendly dinner.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 600g pack chicken thighs, halves
- 200g frozen mix Indian-inspired base
- 200g Korma paste
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained, half gently crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 chicken stockpot of up to 500ml
- 450g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm dice
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 25g sultanas or raisins
- 10g roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Put the oven to gas 6,200C, fan 180C. Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat and fry the chicken for 10 mins until it gets golden. Now, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the mixed base to the pan and cook it for 5 mins. Stir in the korma paste and cook for 2 mins. Stir in the chicken, chickpeas, tomato sauce, stock, and squash; season. Transfer it to the oven and cook for 20 to 25 mins. Reduce the oven gas now to 4,180C, fan 160c, and cook for 40 mins until the chicken and squash are tender. Top it now with almonds, sultanas, and coriander. Your meal is ready to serve now.
- Energy/calories: 353
- Fat: 17g
- Saturates: 5g
- Sugars: 13g
- Salt: 5g
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Serves: 4 to 6
5- Chicken and Tomato Spiced Curry Recipe for Family Meals:
This is one of the easy family dinner recipes. Although this is simple, it is finger-licking good if properly done. Here we go with the final one which is economic, quick, and easy.
- 450g chicken breast cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 300g basmati rice
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Handful coriander, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large flameproof casserole dish set over high heat. Cook the chicken for 5 to 10 minutes until it gets golden, then remove it and set aside.
- Put the remaining oil in the dish. Add the onion, cook for 3 mins until soft, then add red pepper and cook for 2 mins. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 secs. Now, stir in the curry paste to coat everything.
- Pour in the tomatoes along with 200ml water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover the dish and leave to simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened a little. Return the chicken to the dish and cook for 5 mins, uncovered it.
- Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice according to the instructions given on the packet. Serve with the curry and sprinkle over the coriander to make it catchy. Now it is ready to serve.
- Energy/Cal: 499
- Fat: 9g
- Saturates: 1g
- Sugars: 9g
- Salt: 5g
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 4
Well, that’s enough for this weekend, hope you have an ample of choices of easy family meal ideas to select one from the above mentioned list and spend healthy time with your loved ones with these healthy dinner ideas for family!