Who doesn’t enjoy meals that are not only healthy and delicious but can also be cooked with little effort in little to no time? Living in this busy world, our schedule gets so tiresome that we don’t have time to look after ourselves and our diets. After a long hectic day, cooking often ends up at the bottom of our to-do lists. In all this chaos, we only need a preserved pre-cooked meal ready to be popped in the oven and served. If you’re one of these people, then keep on reading cause we are bringing you some mouth-watering healthy, delicious healthy choice frozen meals. An excellent way to save time and fulfill your cravings.
What Are Frozen Meals?
These are foods that can be preserved. These can either be homemade or packaged food. Frozen meals can come in handy when you’re short on time, busy with work, or tired after a hectic day or week; the variety of these is endless. These are not only convenient but healthy and delicious as well. Just pop them in the oven or a pressure pot, and you’ll have a mouth-watering meal in front of you in no time.
What Are Some Healthy Frozen Meals?
When asked about frozen meals in general, the one thing that comes to mind is the lack of nutrition and flavor. Well, that is not how frozen meals can be equally nutritious and flavourful, just like daily cooked meals, if preserved correctly. Take a look at the best 5 healthy home-cooked frozen meals include:
1. Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry a chopped onion until translucent. Add chopped garlic and fry. Turn the heat to medium-high, add aubergines, and until golden. Stir in courgettes and peppers until slightly soft. Add tomato purée, fresh tomatoes, herbs, canned tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, and 1 tsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until everything is soft and the sauce has thickened. Season, scatter over some extra basil, and serve with sourdough if you like.
- Make up a batch of this slow-cooked ratatouille and freeze it for easy midweek meals when you’re busy. Packed with nutrients, it also delivers four of your 5-a-day
2. Lentil Ragu
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan and add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook gently until everything is softened. Stir in the lentils, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, and stock.
- Bring to a simmer, then cook until the lentils are tender and saucy – splash in water if you need. Season.
- If eating straight away, keep on low heat while you cook the spaghetti, following pack instructions. Drain well, divide between pasta bowls or plates, spoon sauce over the top, and grate over some cheese.
- Alternatively, cool the sauce and chill for up to 3 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months. Simply defrost portions overnight at room temperature, then reheat gently to serve.
- This super healthy ragu recipe will get you four steps closer and can be frozen for extra convenience.
- Heat some oil in a very large saucepan. Gently cook bacon, onions, carrots, and celery until golden. Add garlic, herbs, bay, and mushrooms, then cook for 2 mins more.
- Heat a large frying pan until really hot. Crumble in just enough mince to cover the pan, cook until brown, then tip in with the veg. Continue to fry the mince in batches until used up.
- Tip the tomatoes and purée in with the mince and veg. Rinse the cans out with the red wine, if you have some, or with a little water, then add to the pan with the vinegar and sugar.
- Season generously and bring to a simmer. Simmer slowly for 1 hr until thick and saucy, and the mince is tender. Serve with pasta and parmesan.
4. Vegan Leek & Potato Soup
- Heat some oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the garlic and leeks, stirring, until the veg has started to soften. Add the potatoes and stock, then cover and simmer until the leeks and potatoes are soft.
- Pour in almond milk, then remove from the heat and blitz using a hand blender until almost smooth, with a slightly chunky texture. Or, if you prefer, blitz until completely smooth.
- Reheat over low heat if needed, then ladle into bowls and scatter with chives, drizzle with a little oil and serve with bread, if you like. It can be frozen for up to three months.
5. Packaged Frozen Meals
If you are one of those who can’t take time out of their hectic schedule to cook food, then these are some packaged precooked food options that are easily available in the markets and stores that just need to be warmed up.
1. Evol Foods
Balance Bowl: Instead of cooking a big batch of rice and baking chicken and sautéing green beans, try this precooked complete meal. Healthy and delicious.
2. Primal Kitchen
Chicken Panang Curry: A complete meal packed with proteins. It features riced cauliflower as the base, making it healthy and full of flavor.
3. California Style Harvest Protein Bowls
A vegetable salad full of nutrients tossed in flavourful spices ready to be eaten
4 . Kashi Bowl Chimichurri Quinoa
This bowl boasts 10 grams of protein, 12 grams of fiber, and 17 grams of whole grains per serving.
Feature Image: Pixabay
The Secret To Making Homemade Frozen Onion Rings – Perfectly Crispy
Best Frozen French Fries You’ll Ever Taste | 10 Hidden Benefits
Tesco: Cash-Strapped Britons Buy Reduced-To-Clear Food (Goods)
Best 20 Gumbo Dining Restaurants In Houston | Secret Authentic Recipe
Market Forecasts: Free-from Food Market Trends For 2022-2027 At 7.5% Growth Rates