This potato salad is very easy to make, though it does take up some time. As you will read, you will want to marinate your potatoes for several hours. Make sure you prepare to do this recipe ahead of time. This is another recipe from my family, and one of our favorite items to bring to gatherings and picnics!
- 6 Cups of cubed, cooked Potatoes (1.4 L)
- 2/3 cup of Oil (160 mL)
- 1/3 cup of Vinegar; White or Cider — either way. (80 mL)
- Salt and Pepper
- 4-5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 — 3/4 cup of finely diced celery (120 mL—180 mL)
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onion (120 mL)
- 1/2 — 3/4 cup finely diced green onion (120 mL — 180 mL)
- 1/2 cup of finely diced green pepper (120 mL)
- Approx. 3/4 — 1 Cup of Mayonnaise (180 mL — 240 mL)
Potatoes: Boil your potatoes in their skins in enough water to cover the potatoes. Boil them for about 30-35 minutes, or until they are tender. Don’t overcook them. Cool the potatoes while they’re still in their skins. When they’re still warm, but cool enough to handle, remove the potato skins. Then cut the potatoes into cubes.
TIP: Potato skins are easier to remove when the potato is warm.
Salad: Combine your vinegar and oil. Pour this mixture over your chopped potatoes. Season your potatoes very well with salt and pepper. Then let the potatoes marinate for several hours, or you may let them marinate overnight. When they are done, add the remaining ingredients, and then season everything with salt and pepper again. Mix very well and serve!
Featured Image: Pixabay