Are you also bored with all the blandness in your life? Do you also want to try something exciting? Something that can wake up your sleeping taste buds? If yes, then a sweet, tangy flavourful sauce is all that one needs with their favorite meal, whether chicken, fries, pasta, sandwiches, or whatever it is, to make their life, day, and food exciting. A perfect sauce can make even a bland meal 100× better. If you’re looking for something like this, then McDonald’s cajun sauce is all that you need.
A full of flavor, sweet, tangy sauce inspired by the Korean McDonald’s and selected by the world-famous Korean boy band BTS this sauce gives your meals a new life. It turns your plane’s same boring meal into something new and exciting. So read on to know how this sauce is made and how it can turn your meal into something different and delicious.
What Does A Sauce Do To Your Meal?
A sauce generally enhances your food; it adds flavor, texture, and moisture to your food. Some foods are cooked within the sauce, while some are served with sauce. The sauce also adds up to the presentation of the food. Cajun sauce adds a tangy sweet flavor to your food, making it more flavorful. The spicy sauce makes your bland food exciting. One bite and your taste buds will dance with happiness. It delights your taste buds to a point where you’ll never be able to forget its taste and will want to eat it again and again. This sauce is guaranteed to bring life and flavor back into your taste buds.
Cajun Sauce Recipe
- 1.5 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp tomato paste
In a bowl, combine vegan mayo, cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and tomato paste; mix them all together, season with salt and pepper, and mix once again. Your sauce is ready to be served. Leftovers can last for 1 week if kept in the fridge.
What is Cajun Sauce Made Of?
As we know, cajun sauce originates from Korea, and how much Korean people are fond of spices. Similarly, the cajun sauce is a mayo-based sauce with a mix of different ingredients, including cajun seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, etc. The sauce is so addicting and versatile that people often add their own twists to it.
What Does Cajun Sauce Taste Like?
If you’re wondering what this mighty sauce tastes like so, here is your answer: The sauce has a sweet yet tangy flavor. It gives off a bold, spicy flavor that comes from the smoked paprika and cayenne. A subtle earthiness comes from garlic powder, onion powder, and different herbs. Finally, the mayo adds a little bit sweet and balances the sauce making it extremely delicious and perfect.
McDonald’s Cajun Sauce Calories
There are a total of 140 calories in the sauce:
- 3g of carbs
- 14g of fats
- 0g of protein.
The sauce is said to be spicier than peppers, but it is also said that one can handle it very well. The number of calories is very well balanced.
What To Serve on Cajun Sauce?
Pasta is the best thing to pair up with this sauce.
- Boil some pasta of your choice. Add olive oil, onions, and garlic in a pan, and sauté them.
- Then add a diced tomato, cajun seasoning, and heavy cream, and combine well.
- Now take a chicken breast, add some cuts on it, and season it with cajun seasoning.
- In another pan, add some butter and fry the chicken breast till nicely cooked and tender.
- Add the boiled paste to the prepared sauce and mix it nicely so that the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce.
- Top it with the chicken breast, and have your cajun pasta ready.
- Take some striped beef and add it to a pan on low heat.
- Add cajun seasoning and salsa, and cover the pan till the stripes are overcooked.
- Take them out, and in the same pan, sauté some vegetables of your choice and make sure that the vegetables are cut into stripes.
- Now take a tortilla wrap, add the beef stripes and vegetables, and top it off with cajun sauce; you have your burritos ready. Furthermore, you can also add some cajun rice.
Cajun fries are one best fries if you love to eat French fries.
- Take some potatoes, wash them, cut them into French fries, and dry them.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment, spread some olive oil on top, and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Now put them inside a Preheated open casually take them out about 4-5 times and flip over the sides until nicely backed.
- Once they are done, serve them with Cajun sauce, and voilà, one of the best kinds of fresh fries, is ready.
Tender Juicy chicken breast seasoned with cajun seasoning and served with cajun sauce, a match made in heaven.
- Take a chicken breast to add cuts to it, and season it with cajun seasoning nicely from both sides.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes. In a pan, add some butter and parsley and fry the chicken breast in it till nice and tender take it out and serve with cajun sauce. Your taste buds will thank you after eating this.
Seafood (Fish & Shrimp)
- Cajun fish is made in the same way as chicken; take a fish of your choice.
- Add cuts to it, and season the fish with the cajun seasoning.
- Fry it in olive oil or butter and serve it with cajun sauce.
- What’s more, cajun shrimp is also made in the same manner.
- Take some shrimp and melt some butter in a pan.
- Toss in the shrimp and add the Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Toss the shrimp again for 5-7 minutes till it turns opaque. Take it out and serves it with the sauce.
10 McDonald’s Sauce Discontinued
While people from all over the world love McDonald’s sauces, some of these were discontinued due to some reasons these, including:
- Hot chili sauce – 2015
- Sweet Chilli sauce – 2014
- Chipotle BBQ – 2014
- Mulan Szechuan Teriyaki Dipping Sauce – 1998
- Zesty Italian – 1989
- Green Chili Salsa – 1988
- Mesquite Barbeque – 1988
- Teriyaki – 1986
McDonald’s New Sauce
While some of the sauces were discontinued, some new additions were also made, and people love these; these include :
- Tangy BBQ sauce
- Sweet buffalo sauce
- Creamy ranch sauce
- Honey Mustard sauce
- Tarter sauce
- Sweet n sour sauce
McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce
The sauce was initially introduced in 1988 but then was discontinued. It was again continued in 2017-18 but then anonymously discontinued. In 2022 the food chain released an announcement stating the comeback of the sauce and that it will be only available for a few days. The sauce made its comeback as a part of the BTS MEAL, which was picked out by the world-famous Korean boy band. Besides, the sauce is a blend of vinegar, soybeans, apple cider vinegar, corn starch, distilled water, sesame seed oil, Xanthium gum, spices, and herbs.
Where to Buy McDonald’s Cajun sauce?
McDonald’s cajun sauce can be brought from any McDonald’s franchise throughout the world. You can either have it with your meal, or you can buy it separately as well.
In addition, one pack of sauce costs around $20 and can easily be found in any McDonald’s franchise. The sauce was a part of the BTS meal, but due to all the love it received, the food chain had to serve it separately as well.
What is McDonald’s Secret Sauce Made of?
McDonald’s secret sauce is the big mac sauce. Though no one knows what it’s made of, many have taken out different recipes by tasting them again and again. The most common ingredients listed include mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, yellow Mustard, a little bit of white wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
What is McDonald’s Most Popular Sauce?
You’ll love each sauce if you’re a die-hard McDonald’s fan. But according to the food chain, the honey Mustard sauce is a favorite and the one that is most frequently bought.
What is McDonald’s Signature sauce?
McDonald’s signature sauce is a sweet, tangy, creamy sauce that goes side by side with nuggets and fries. Many say that it’s the same as the big mac sauce, but it still has not confirm. The sauce is a blend of mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, and finely chopped onions.
If you’re a McDonald’s fan, then this is all that you need to know about their sauces. All these will make your mouth burst with flavor and will make your food more delicious and perfect.
Feature Image: Pixabay