Burritos are easy and quick to make food; most people like to eat them. It may fill with meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, sauces, salsas, etc., as per your taste and desire. Today, I will share a short history of burritos with you. Moreover, recipes and some other tips to make the delicious fish burrito recipe.
How Were Burritos Invented?
A person named Juan Mendez used to sell burritos in Mexico. That was the time of the Mexican revolution, and Juan’s dish was considered as easy to grab and eat meals. Hence, the burrito’s Mexican recipe became famous worldwide.
Fish Burrito Recipe
Which Kind Of Fish Is Suitable For A Burrito?
The fish fillets with lean and lanky structures are suitable for burritos. Likewise, thin slices of fish can marinate well and cook crispy. For example, snapper, cod, halibut, etc. are famous because they provide good flavor and are not costly.
This recipe would take 45 minutes to prepare. Moreover, it contains around 500 calories per serving.
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Ingredients” ]
- White Tortilla Wraps 4pcs
- Fish Fillet 10 pcs
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Rice 150g
- Thinly sliced Avocado 1
- Chopped Onion 1
- Mixed Peppers 250g
- Mixed beans 400g
- Spinach 100g
- Sauces as per desire
- Cooking oil as per need
- Crushed Chillies and salt as per taste
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Preparation” ]
- Boil the rice. On the other hand, fry the fish fillet.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and saute the onion.
- Later, add beans and peppers to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then, add spinach, salt, and chilies. Heat and stir well for 2 minutes and remove it from the stove.
How To Fold A Burrito?
- Indeed, you have to do it confidently. Take a wrap, and in the center, pour your favorite.
- Next, place the fillings as per order. Add rice, beans, pepper mixer, fried fish fillet, and thin-sliced avocado.
- Afterward, fold the sides inward and wrap the burrito properly in foil.
- Bake them at 350 degrees in preheated oven until they get crispy.
- Cut triangularly and serve with condiments.
Make Your Burritos Super Delicious?
- Burritos can be prepared with different recipes. Still, each has different fillings and flavors as well.
- If you are vegan, quinoa is the best to fill burritos. Moreover, you can add spicy black beans to it for better results.
- Scalloped corn with cheese tastes is way better in burritos.
- You may add several vegetables to make a wrap delicious. For instance, beetroot, cabbage, mushrooms, green onions, and zucchini are excellent options. However, you can roast and shallow fry veggies for a tasty outcome.
- I must say, you should try grilled fish in burritos. It contains fewer calories than fried fish.
Tasty Sauces For Burritos
Here are some flavorful dips and condiments for burritos.
- Sour cream
- Chipotle burrito sauce
- Leyden cheese sauce
- Jalapeno Ranch
- Marinara sauce (clicking here will take you to more sauce recipes)
- Roasted tomato sauce
Nonetheless, with these ready-made sauces, you can also prepare these at home easily with a few ingredients.
The Best Side Dishes With The Burritos
Burritos are one of the luscious meals. But, serving them with sides, drinks and desserts can make it more mouth-watering. Here are some suggested sides with burritos.
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Side Dishes” ]
- Tortilla Chips
- 7-layers Dip
- Stuffed Jalapenos
- Mexican Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Black Beans
- Spicy Jicama and Cabbage Slaw
- Mexican Street Corn
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Drinks” ]
Here are some specific drinks for burritos that make them more flavorful. Furthermore, it makes you refreshed.
- Aguas Frescas
- Jarritos Soft Drink
- Brazilian Lemonade
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Desserts” ]
Satisfy your sweet tooth after having burritos with these desserts.
- Mexican Bread Pudding
- Tres Leches Cake
- Mexican Vanilla Ice Cream
8 Styles Of Burritos
In a world full of colors, everything changes its style, color, taste, smell, etc. Similarly, a Mexican-style burrito changes its flavor as it crosses the border. Every region enjoys it in its own way. So, let’s discuss some other styles of burritos.
- Wet burrito
- San Diego-Style
- Chile Colorado Burrito
- Guisado-Style Burrito
- California Burrito
- Seafood Burrito
Frequently Asked Questions
The Significant Difference Between Burrito Vs Taco?
Well, it is a common question people ask about these dishes. Because both are filling in tortillas, confusion arrives. The things that differ between burritos and tacos are the folding style, size, baking, and garnishing.
- Burritos are filled with meat, fish, vegetables, rice, and sauces. Then, you get them fully wrapped in a cylindrical shape. In contrast, tacos get into a crescent shape and are filled with meat, vegetables, and spices.
- Tacos are considered snacks, so they have small sizes. On the other hand, burritos are a proper meal, so they are larger.
- Burritos become more delicious once you bake or shallow fry them. In contrast, tacos taste so well without frying or baking.
- You can garnish tacos with cream, sauces, onions, etc., but burritos do not need garnishing.
Here’s a perfectly seasoned baked fish easy to make recipe:
Why Do Burritos Get Soggy?
- Ensure to cool down the filling at room temperature before filling the burrito.
- Folding a burrito is the central part so try to wrap it tightly. Thus, no air remains in it and makes it moister.
- Freezing a burrito is a convenient way to store it. But cover them appropriately. First, wrap the burrito with a plastic sheet and aluminum foil.
- Reheat burritos in the preheated oven after getting out of the freezer. Then, remove the foil to keep the crispness of the food.
How To Cook Burritos In An Air Fryer?
- First, let the oven for preheating at 200 degrees for about five minutes.
- Then, place the burritos gently in it.
- Meanwhile, flip them after every three to four minutes.
- Cook them for a total of fifteen minutes.
- Of course, you can use tongs to flip them and make your food healthy with the help of an air fryer.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Burritos?
Burritos are healthy for us. They contain rice, meat, vegetables, flour, corn, and other organic things. You can make them as simple as possible for weight loss. Moreover, burritos have got proteins, fat, carbohydrate, and other minerals. Therefore, it provides instant energy and a booster to the body.
Fish burritos recipe and burritos are healthy and quickly prepared food. So, try them as per your region as well. Furthermore, if you prepare desserts and drinks with burritos, it will give you enough joy.
Tell us more about what type of burritos are your favorite, and share your recipes.
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Find out more related articles” ]
- Why You Should Have Fish Stick Sandwich For Today’s Evening Tea?
- Hacks To Identify A Freezer Burned Shrimp: You Need To Know
- All-America’s Favorite Crystal Shrimp Recipe
- 5 Quick And Easy Team Dinner Ideas To Enhance Your Food Experience