Truffle fries are a fun and different option to add to your recipe collection. Use the truffle fries recipe as a starting point and adjust the oil, spices, and herbs to your liking for a quick and flavorful meal. Be cautious while frying the potatoes since they are fried twice in oil to provide a crispy outside and tender inside. Also, keep children and dogs out of the kitchen.
What Are Truffles?
For a long time, truffles have been considered a delicious delicacy. Truffles have historically been out of reach for the public. The high price and limited supply mean it is mostly used in fancy restaurants rather than in average households. The underground fungus’s exquisite taste attracts a new audience of daring food. And inexpensive truffle-infused oil has become an alternative to the real truffle.
Oils made from truffles are delicious, rich, luscious, salty, and earthy. They pair well with various types of beef, chicken, and fish and provide a nice zing to several nibbles that go excellent with a beer or drink. Fries seasoned with truffle oil have a strong taste that must be paired with equally flavorful meals. The most natural accompaniment would be a steak, but they’re also delicious.
- 25 ounces Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Truffle Sea Salt
- Kosher salt, one teaspoon
- One tablespoon (about 1/2 ounce) of black truffle oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese—2 tablespoons (about 1 ounce)
- Aioli made with Parmesan and Lime, about two tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) (see recipe below)
How To Make Truffle Fries Step By Step
- Get all of the ingredients together.
- To make the potato pieces, cut the peeled potatoes in half lengthwise and then into thin strips, approximately 1/3 inch thick.
- Soak the potatoes in a basin containing ice and water for an hour.
- Get rid of the water and dry everything out thoroughly.
- Boil the potatoes by cooking them in a deep-fryer or large pan at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 minutes. Fry up clean hand towels or kitchen rolls to dry the chips.
- Preheat the oil to 375 degrees. Repeat the cooking process with the potatoes. Wait 1 minute and a half this time.
- Fry them up, then spread them out on baking sheets covered with a clean towel or kitchen roll to drain. Sprinkle some salt on them for flavour.
- Sprinkle truffle oil and shredded Parmesan cheese on top. Spread some chopped parsley on top for a splash of green.
Truffle Fries Vs Regular Fries
It’s transformed into truffle fries by adding either truffle oil or shavings. Potato truffle chips are an alternative to regular french fries that you can get at select restaurants. Of course, the standard and most popular kind are french fries. Usually, truffle fries are flavoured with salt, pepper, and grated parmesan.
What Are Truffle Fries?
For those unfamiliar, homemade truffle fries are thinly sliced, deep-fried potatoes covered with truffle oil. And it possibly has additional seasonings, such as fresh spices and herbs, garlic, parmesan, etc.
What Is In Truffle Fries?
It would help if you had some white truffle oil, parmesan cheese, and French fries to make these delicious Parmesan. Oils such as canola and safflower make white truffle oil infused with white truffle scrapings to provide a distinct flavor.
What Are West Coast, Truffle Fries?
Using Wavy chips, you can make the West Coast Truffle Fries. It gives them more texture and crunch compared to regular Lay’s chips.
Everyone who likes French fries should try their hand at making their own. It’s are the favorite of all, and you can make them on a daily request basis. Take caution if you decide to create these. A beast of compulsive fried desires might be the result! Frozen French fries are another viable option. You can easily keep frozen fries in the refrigerator for a long time. You can adjust the recipe to serve one person or a full family.
Feature Image: Pixabay